As a neighborhood renewal vehicle for Stark County, one of Community Building Partnership of Stark County, Inc.’s major strategies is to provide local policy support and assistance to local governments, foundations and stakeholders that lead to the development of policies, programs and tools that promote resident and community investment in neighborhoods.
Recent examples of how CBP works with stakeholders to lead the development of polices, tools, and programs for neighborhoods include:
• The development of the City of Canton’s first comprehensive Neighborhood Plan, the ” Canton Neighborhood Project”, created in conjunction with national neighborhood strategist David Boehlke;
• Leading the steering committee of the Metro Home Ownership Center (MHOC), a “One Stop Shop” homeownership center where the various actors involved in the home buying process (lenders, housing counselors, realtors, government and nonprofits) can work in partnership with each other;
• The development of incentive grants that promote homeownership and owner-occupied rehab of existing housing;
• CBP’s work to establish a Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program that promotes quality rehabilitation of Stark County’s housing stock ;
For a detailed overview of each of our Tools and Programs, please click on one of the following links:
For more information on Tools and Programs, contact
- Community Building Partnership of Stark County, Inc.
- Metropolitan Centre
- 601 Cleveland Avenue North NW, Suite F
- Canton, Ohio 44702