Community Building Partnership of Stark County, Inc. (CBP) is proud to be a sponsor of the neighborhood renewal efforts taking place in NW & NE neighborhoods in Canton. To show our support and commitment, CBP is offering $2,000 Down Payment Assistance Grants to home buyers within specific neighborhood boundaries of Canton’s NW & NE neighborhoods during 2013 as outlined below.
1. A $2,000 grant is available to home buyers who sign a home purchase agreement and close on a house located within the specified neighborhoods (please note boundaries).
2. Grants will be available until December 31, 2013 or until funding is depleted, at the discretion of CBP.
3. These grants are available for owner-occupied purchases only. Grants can be utilized to reduce the costs of your home purchase; eligible costs include down payment, closing costs, and price reduction.
4. Each award recipient is required to participate in a home ownership class conducted by Metro Home Ownership Center (MHOC) prior to closing on your home. It is your responsibility to register for this class. Please see contact information for MHOC below.
5. No second mortgage will be recorded for the grant and there are no recapture requirements.
6. Grants will be sent to closing agent, realtor, or lender on your behalf; no cash or direct grants to buyers will be issued.
7. Grants are provided on a “first registered-first eligible” basis. CBP’s registration list of signed purchase agreements will be the official order of grant awards.
The neighborhoods and their boundaries:
How to Obtain Your Grant
CBP recommends that all potential buyers take advantage of the many valuable services of the Metro Home Ownership Center (MHOC). MHOC is dedicated to your pursuit of home ownership in Stark County. They can help you work with a realtor, identify financing options, access certified housing counseling and training, and obtain rehab advice and training. They can also assist you in each step of the process: as you explore these neighborhoods, tour available homes, find your home, make an offer, and sign a purchase agreement.
Once you’ve signed a purchase agreement, contact CBP at 330-458-0962 or email@example.com to register your purchase and reserve your grant. CBP must have your signed purchase agreement in order to register you for the grant. Please send your agreement to the address below.
You can schedule and obtain your home ownership class through the Metro Home Ownership Center.
CBP must be contacted one week prior to the date of closing in order to process the check which will be forwarded to the closing agent, realtor, or lender you are working with.
To arrange for your home ownership class, contact:
- Metro Home Ownership Center
- Regina Mills, Homeownership Manager
- 601 Cleveland Ave. N
- Canton, OH 44702
- B: 330-456-2590 x 301 / F: 330-456-2624 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact:
- Community Building Partnership of Stark County, Inc.
- Metropolitan Centre
- 601 Cleveland Avenue North, Suite F
- Canton, Ohio 44702
- 330.458.0962 or email@example.com